It has been a little over 2 weeks since my last day at Deloitte. I apologize that I haven't posted sooner. It appears that I'm still clinging on to the "I don't touch the computer at home" mentality that I had when I used to be on the computer 8 hours a day at work. I guess that habit needs to change or I'll never check my email (wait... do I ever check my email anyway?). It feels unnatural to be online in my own living room - even this blog I'm writing from my parents house.
These past two weeks have been my "vacation" - the break I give myself to relax and reconfigure my life. But I realized that vacationing by yourself in your own home doesn't feel like much of a vacation- it just feels a little more like lazy. Still, I've enjoyed my time going for bike rides, shopping with the parents, sleeping in, cleaning the apartment, and starting a collage.
I've been obsessed with this collage. Like, it's perhaps unhealthy. Last night, I couldn't get to sleep because I was thinking about it. So, I went back to work and stayed up 'till 2:00 AM to complete it. I will post a picture of it soon.
Also, 2 Saturdays ago, Luke and I went to the Big E, which is this big carnival/fair with a couple in our ward. We had a great time and got to see some pretty awesome things: an Indiana Jones sculpture made of Lego, a "Mardi Gras" parade, a cow sculpture made of butter, and Jordin Sparks in concert. No joke! When she walked out on stage, I felt like a 13 year old girl and wanted to cry I was so overcome with happiness. Pictures to come...
All in all, I'm glad I'm no longer at Deloitte and think that I will enjoy my new life very well.
Tada!
1 comment:
amsterdam, I am glad you are enjoying your vacation. Although I am not sure what comes after this two week vacation? more vacation? and I cannot wait to see a picture of the collage - your mom says that it is amazing. Are you going to sell it? or what are you going to do with it? Clarke and I both have birthdays coming up :)
Post a Comment