Thursday, October 1, 2009

Our Summer: Coming to you In Installments

Despite what I have recently written about not back-tracking, I think I'm going to. I'm fairly new to this blogging on a regular basis thing and thus have given myself permission to figure out how I like to do and what I like to blog about it. And, I am realizing that blogging is different than journaling, so the "no back-tracking" rule (that I firmly believe in for journalling) may not apply to blogging. It may, but I'm not sure and I don't want to jump to any conclusions too early in my blogging "career." So, forgive me if this back-tracking seems hypocritical and/or out of character.

Luke and I had a great summer this year with a 2 week trip to Europe as the main course and a few other trips (for weddings and reunions) as hearty side dishes. We have hundreds of pictures from our trip to Europe (and a few from other trips) and I feel it would a crime to myself, who lugged the camera around everywhere, and to those friendly strangers who took some of our pictures if these photos never saw the light of day. I'm planning to post a number of entries about these various adventures. They will be smallish entries every few days. I don't want you or myself to be too overwhelmed. This blog will be a sort of Pickwick papers of our summer, though I will try not to be as wordy as Dickens.

Coming soon to a blog near you: The Langfords set off to Russia and stop first in Moscow. Will their feet be too sore to continue after full days on their feet? What strange wonders will they find off the beaten path? Stay tuned to find out.

(Note: I am not holding myself to actually completing these summer installments. So you have been warned if I decide to stop mid-way through. As I said, I'm new to this blogging regularly thing. I'm figuring things out. And if you don't like it - tough. My blog, my choice. Um.... I mean "our blog.")

No comments: