Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mexican Thanksgiving




I'm sorry it has taken so long to blog about our trip to Mexico for Thanksgiving. It was a great family reunion, actually, with the entire and Gordon and Laurie Low clan: all my siblings, their spouses, and my nieces and nephews, too. The weather was absolutely perfect and I've been sad to be back in Boston where it's been super cold. Also, I'd like to say that I actually got a bit of a tan - without even trying. And, here's the best part, I didn't get burnt at all. It was truly a Thanksgiving Mircale.

Our daily activities while in Mazatlan (on the west coast of Mexico) involved going to the beach, or the pool, or both; playing games like speed Scrabble and Settlars of Catan (a first time for me); preparing and eating yummy Mexican dishes; taking long walks along the beach; enjoying the sunsets; and generally enjoying each others company. We also watched all three extended versions of The Lord of the Rings movies 'cause lets face it, it's not quite a Low vacation without excessive amounts of LOTR. I'd like to say that Luke, Morgan (bro in-law) and I made up the LOTR fellowship, as it were, since we were the only three to watch them in full.


A picture of some of us on, as Beth my sister, called it, "our daily constitutional" i.e our daily walk. Mom and Beth are in the foreground, Heather is way up ahead. I was taking the picture. 

Another very exciting part of our vacation is that my younger sister, Heather, got her mission call. I'm not sure if it's exactly public knowledge yet, so I won't post where she's going. She can do that herself. Luke and I are thrilled for her and are postive that she will be a fantastic missionary.

One morning, Luke and I went to this Salsa and Salsa thing where we learned how to make all kinds of different salsas and then learned to dance the salsa. We had a really great time. Here we are with our chef hats and aprons.


I have a few more pictures, but for some reason, it's not letting me post them. I'll try later.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Yay for pictures. Can't wait for more!!