Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Farewell Fair Deloitte


After a full year and a half at Deloitte (okay, so it'll be a year and a half on August 26), I am leaving Deloitte. No, I am not pregnant (and no, I did not get fired.)


Luke and I have come to the conclusion after a long and tiresome couple of months that it is just time for me to leave. The tentative plan at present is to get really good at making collages and see what becomes of it. Boy, am I glad that Luke is supportive of this idea 'cause I think that sounds like a lot of fun. My last day of work is Friday, September 12, 2008. I'll be leaving the Campus Recruiting Team in a bit of a bind as September and October are their busiest seasons. However, I still like to think that I'm doing them a favor by leaving. A new person in my role will make mistakes, but a grumpy veteran could (and probably would) sabatoge their efforts. So, really, they don't know how lucky they are to be losing me.


I've been trying to think if there is anything about Deloitte that I'll really miss. I think the answer is: not really. Well, maybe my really awesomely decorated cubicle and I guess all the free food was nice. Okay, okay, and some of the people. I'll really miss quite a few. All in all, I've had a good, educational experience and I'm ready to go.
Only 12 more days to go ('cause I'm on vacation next week)... but who's counting...

7 comments:

anna said...

I just took in my Amy Low originals to get framed for our house. I am glad you have made a decision that is good for you. Now you have some time to come visit Houston :)

Allison said...

Congratulations, and hooray! I'm doing the job interview circuit now for a part-time job and am just a tad jealous ... are you going to set up an etsy shop? Let us know - we'd love to see!

C.J. said...

Congratulations! I think it's a great idea (but then again, I suppose I'm biased, because I did something very similar last year)! I'd love to see some of your work!

Laurie said...

It may be all upside for you, but I will miss having you close by. Come to think of it, I've been working quite a bit from home these days anyways. Dad

Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds soo incredible. I am excited for you!

Amanda said...

I laughed out loud when you made sure to set everyone straight that you were not pregnant. ;)

P.S. I love your blog, Langfords, so write more often!

Unknown said...

Amy Low! I just discovered that you have a blog and I'm excited about it. (this is Jessica by the way...former Schindler). What are you up to these days? Quitting your job, I see. haha. I miss you. Reading your recent posts made me remember how much I love you :)